online marketing
Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Monday, February 21, 2011

Why Don't You Go Outside and Make Some Money!

Monday, February 21, 2011
Review:SM THOMPSON
The New Yorker caption today reads .... Why don't you go outside and make some money .. . with the characters indoors and one of the characters is slumped in an armchair ............ well, perhaps because so many people are encouraged to stay at home to work at home or get to it and dig the garden at the weekends. I spent my life commuting to London and I often envied those whose jobs were home based as I rose at Dawn ready to catch the early morning train to London to get to work before 8 o'clock in the morning and I returned on the 5 o'clock train in the late afternoon amidst a darkened skyline and a lot of those whom I knew well were fellow commuters like myself, and we developed into quite a band dare I say it, a Top Set band. More so, than the neighbours and communities I left behind each and every day

at my home where I was permanently based. I suppose as a woman I must have held to that pioneering spirit as most of my fellow commuters were men but when I got to work the balance in London was not 50 .. 50 . it inclined towards more men than women. So perhaps the answer to the question posed by the New Yorker is that its more profitable to stay At Home than to travel or commute to London as afterall the hard work certainly goes into the commuting. So, its up to the individual but I would suggest you go out there and see what's what and not hang about the home all the time as it may lower your horizons and cut short your expectations ....... Hard Work Pays Up!
Why Don't You Go Outside and Make Some Money! Originally published in Shvoong: http://www.shvoong.com/travel/outdoors/2088101-don-outside-money/
 

Enter your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Academics Blogs Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Google Pagerank Powered by  MyPagerank.Net
SEO Stats powered by MyPagerank.Net free counters